Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe
We e-hangout every Sunday, sharing a small glimpse into the past week of life in our own words.
MENDING... Last week, I mended a pile of clothes. This week, I'm trying to mend my heart. On Tuesday, the world lost Kimmie Jones, one of the first friends I made when I moved to Nashville. She was a part of a little blogger girl squad that we've formed over time, and an integral part of it. I'm working on a post about Kimmie, but it's not ready (and I'm not ready) yet. In the meantime, I would encourage you to get to know her through her writing and unique voice, at her blog That girl in the wheelchair, and at other sites where she wrote...
BEGINNING... a huge closet makeover! I've just listed a bunch of items on Poshmark, thrown away a bunch of shoes, and have a garbage bag of donations to inventory. I still have an insane amount of dresses (I can't part with them!) and whatnot, but I'm pulling things slowly out to make room. That way, I can add new, on-trend things like these new shoes I bought this week.
DOODLING... on Instagram stories. I quit Snapchat because I was managing too many social media channels... Blog plus Facebook/Instagram/Twitter is where I'll stay. Here's a doodle from when we were watching Rogue One last night.
MUSING... about the beauty in unexpected places. I traveled to Cincinnati for work this week, and I had no idea about the amount of art deco and beautiful architecture they had in the city. I walked and explored downtown a bit, and it was just building after building of beauty. I want to take pictures and see even more next time.
APPLAUDING... my carbon steel skillet. It's becoming a new favorite of mine in the kitchen, especially since it's so much lighter than my beloved cast iron.
THIS WEEK IN SOCIAL MEDIA...
- On the Blog: I had a cuppa and reviewed Plum Deluxe teas. You can join their monthly tea club for just $10 a month! So fragrant and delicious.
- On Twitter: RT during last week's Walking Dead episode. You can always count on Carol.
- On Pinterest: I pinned like a zillion eShakti dresses. I have so many that I love, I need to look into some more.
- On Instagram: This mug is the perfect one for me.
- Shopping: I want to get all of the Target Poppy d'Orsay Flats in all the colors, like the red and cobalt blue. I just got two pairs at Target, along with a Victoria Beckham top.
How was your week?