- J. Crew Double-strand Seahorse Necklace (originally $150, paid $45): Purchased via Poshmark from my pal CM! I'd loved it since I saw it on her blog/Instagram posts, and when she listed it I had to jump on it. I think it's a great statement, and now that my jewelry is organized so I can see it every day, I think it will work well in my closet.
- Carhartt Portland Down Jacket in Empire Blue (originally $165, paid $130): I blame it on the polar vortex. I spent an entire weekend at the end of January seriously considering a pricey new coat. But when I read the reviews and saw the prices, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $300+ on a jacket when I live in Nashville. I know Carhartt as a reliably high quality brand, and I liked that this jacket had great reviews for being both comfortable and functional. It's not your typical fashionista brand, but it was the right price point, and it's waterproof and WARM! I'm very happy with it and wear it all the time.
- Fabletics Kingston Sweatshirt in White ($32): I noticed that I need more long-sleeved workout layers, and this sweatshirt fit the bill. Part of my monthly Fabletics VIP membership with free shipping. (Read my review here.)
- Fabletics Suki Cycle Short in Black Snake Print ($24): I wear a lot of workout capris, but I knew these would be nice once the weather warms up. Part of my monthly Fabletics VIP membership with free shipping. (Read my review here.)
$231 - $96 Posh/Blog Earnings = $135
Quarterly Budget: $500 - $260 January - $135 February = $105 remaining
I will note that I am not counting wardrobe purchases that I have had to make for an upcoming DAR event, which requires me to wear a white suit, white formal gown, white shoes, and carry a white handbag. I decided that since these are pieces I will be wearing for the next 7 years as a DAR page, I would designate them as independent/special occasion; in fact, they have a separate section in my closet! #DARPageProblems right? I'm super excited to page, but I did choose investment pieces (Limited suit, leather handbag) and tried to leverage online sales and promo codes at every turn. Also, I had to buy a bridesmaid dress. Again, not counting that against my budget because BRIDESMAID DRESS.
- Red Classic Toms
- A-Line Skirts like Heart of Haute
- Pair of Khakis
- Plaid Button-down Shirt
- Gingham Button-down Shirt
And don't forget to check out what the rest of Fran's Budgeting Bloggers hauled this month!
P.S. Here's an outfit pic! Free cardi from my Mom, Old Navy dress, and my Sam Edelman boots.