Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe
We e-hangout every Sunday, sharing a small glimpse into the past week of life in our own words.
This week was something else! It was simultaneously fast and slow, and I can't believe it's already Sunday again. Here's what I've been up to lately.
BASKING... in the birthday love! Yesterday was my birthday, but I've been feeling the love all month. I've been showered with gifts, Dan took me out for fancy sushi, and we stayed up until almost 1 a.m. playing poker with friends. Low-key and super wonderful day! My friend Lindsey sent me the gorgeous bouquet from Farmgirl Flowers, which has become a gorgeous dining room table arrangement.
DISCOVERING... that I can do more in the evening than watch Netflix documentaries. I've been trying to do little things to tidy up, food prep, reading, blogging... I've been in such a funk, I think that I have more energy these days. I need to wallow less, do more of what is productive.
TINKERING... with our dinnerware. I had these Lou Rota plates that I got at Anthopologie, all nature-y and mismatched, but they'e smaller plates. They needed a complementing dinner plate, but they are in a variety of colors. Last week I found some Kate Spade dishes at TJ Maxx that were bright and seemed to go with them nicely. You can't see it in the pic, but they're white with a yellow rim. Now I can't wait to use these dishes more! What a bright table they'll make. :)
FEELING... a bit guilty that I quit Korean classes. Something had to give, and I needed the 5-6 hours a week I was driving/studying/in class. I found that it directly resulted in me working out, which is a benefit. I can always come back to learning more Korean, but sometimes you have to say no to some things in order to say yes to others. I took this class once where they emphasized that everything you say "yes" to means you're turning down something else you could have done with your time. It's eye-opening to think about, because many of us struggle to say no. So I said no to Korean class, but yes to these Korean-inspired burritos that I made at home with Plated. (LOL)
SWITCHING... to a healthier mode. I hit workout classes four times this week, and I'm feeling really sore, but it's got to be helping my progress, right? I'm generally eating healthier, though I'm not exactly dieting. It's more about trying to make healthy choices. I wasn't so great this weekend, but being active is definitely something I've been lacking. It also helps that I've been actually scheduling workouts in my planner!
THIS PAST WEEK...
- On the Blog: I finally got to reveal the big Morton Salt event I attended for their Next Door Chef campaign. It was a really special event, and I had to wait months to be able to share!
- On Twitter: Talking about how one of my funny birthday gifts from Dan was a back scratcher.
- On Pinterest: Loaded cauliflower mash bake, looks yummy and pseudo-healthy, right?
- On Instagram: My baby kitty Bourbon being all cute and stuff.
- Shopping: I haven't been shopping as much lately, with my birthday and Stitch Fix that came this month. I did purchase a few bras from True & Co., and I was so impressed by the great fit I got after taking their quiz! Turned out way better than if I had purchased in-store for myself. I won't shop Victoria's Secret for bras anymore; they just don't fit me right!
How was your week?