Aubrey's 2016 Budget Ground Rules:
- $500 per quarter budget, if not spent entirely it rolls over to next quarter
- Pajamas, socks/hosiery, underwear, and specific needs for work/DAR do not count
- ALL clothing and accessories count, including activewear
- Any clothing sold (via Poshmark, etc.), or money earned from affiliate links, is subtracted from the monthly spend, to encourage me to trim the closet
- Purchases made with store giftcards do not count against the budget, but gift money does because I could use it on other things
- Link up monthly with the rest of Franish's budgeting bloggers!
This month's budget was a good one! I had giftcards and money to spend, but after going crazy in December shopping I hesitated initially to shop. So most of this month's purchases came out of my gift cash, when it comes down to it.
- La Blanca tankini swim top and bottoms, ($89 top /$49 bottom retail, paid $20): My sister works for a resort, and every year they clean out their boutique and have an employee sale where items are sold for a fraction of retail price. She called me and scored big on a few items that I wanted, including a new swimsuit!
- Havaianas flip-flops in purple and dark green ($26 each retail, paid $5 each): Also from Sissy's employee sale!
- Apt. 9 Skinny Belt Set & Chaps Stretch Belt in black (originally $26 and $30, paid $12 total): I regretfully allowed a LOT of Kohl's cash expire recently, and I was determined not to let it happen again. With B1G1 50% off on belts, $30 in Kohl's Cash, and a 15% off coupon, I walked away with three belts for $12!
- Fossil Sydney Bifold Wallet (similar, originally $35, paid $10): I forgot to add this to December's rollup, so it's here now! I found this little wallet on clearance for a steal. I love little wallets to fit in my small purses, and Fossil makes great leather products.
- Forever 21 Contrast-Trim Top in White ($16): I went into Forever 21 looking for some cheap tops that would look nice under a blazer or cardigan for the office. I found four! It was my first and only real clothing shopping this month, not bad for a little retail therapy at the mall.
- Forever 21 Contemporary Ruffled Blouse in Peach ($23)
- Forever 21 Pintucked Chiffon Blouse ($15)
- Cultured Freshwater Pearl Classic Jewelry Set in White & Sterling Silver from Mom & Dad via Macy's: I asked for pearl earrings, and Mom got a great deal, paying $19.99 for a $100 set! I love how simple and classic these are.
- Alex & Ani Bracelets Path of Life and Claddagh in silver tones from Dan's Mom, Blue Om from Dan (which is being exchanged or replaced due to a defect): I've started to wear bracelets regularly, and I like ones that have some meaning behind them! Dan and his Mom both selected a few that I've been wearing. I have one set of silver bangles and one set of gold that I tend to wear, but I may start mixing tones for fun!
- LC Lauren Conrad Mixed-Stitch Boyfriend Cardigan in Black from my cousin AD: Every year, we do a gift exchange in our family where we draw one person instead of shopping for 20+. My cousins always do a great job; I told AD I was looking for chunky knits and layering pieces, and this sweater delivers.
- love this life Family Tree Charm Bangle Bracelet from my cousin AD: I'm the unofficial family historian, so I loved this bracelet to add to my stack!
- kate spade Cobble Hill Carson Purse in ivory/beige from Sissy: Sissy knows I wear a lot of white/off-white for DAR, so this soft leather bag was perfect for my collection! It's big enough to hold a program for an event, so it's perfect. She scored it at Last Chance, and I believe it's the Cobble Hill Carson or an older version that's incredibly similar.
- Mossimo A-Line Dress from Mom & Dad
- TOMS Classic Slip-On in Navy from Mom & Dad: My black pair were starting to show their age, and Mom found this color on sale.
- Bandolino Flats in Natural from Mom & Dad: Identical to the black pair from last month, but in another classic color for everyday wear. My new favorite flats! Both are leather, I believe.
- Gold Stud Earrings from Dan (not pictured): I wanted new round, gold studs in 14k to replace a pair I'd lost, so Dan gifted them to me!
- Tommy Hilfiger Polka Dot Sweater in white with silver dots (not pictured) from Dan's Mom via Macy's (exact in red)
- Michael Kors 'Parker' Chronograph Bracelet Watch from one of my BFFs (super generous, right?) Stunning!
- Other items (not pictured): I also received two beautiful bracelets that my parents purchased in Bali, a batik shawl/pashmina from Bali, a bracelet from North Dakota, and a necklace from an Indiana craft fair... not bad, eh?