This month, I spent more than in April but I didn't buy much in terms of quantity. I had some decent Poshmark sales in terms of closet-clearing too. Overall in my life I'm trying to be more frugal, so I try to make that extend to my wardrobe.... quality over quantity!
- Fabletics Outfit (originally $50, paid $10 with outfit credit): See my review of this month's outfit here!
- Disney Hidden Mickey Scarf ($22): This scarf was my chosen souvenir from my Disney trip. it wasn't cheap (I bought it at the resort), but it's super soft and has a pretty fringe. I like that I can wear it to work or anywhere, and it doesn't scream Disney. But if you look closely, you see hidden Mickey Mouse shapes throughout the pattern.
- Heart of Haute A-Line Skirt ($56 with shipping): I have this skirt in black. This has the beautiful silhouette I love, and blue is a great basic color for my wardrobe. I see it has a new substitute for jeans in warm weather. The skirts are not a thick material, but the cut is great. I'll likely hem this one to a similar length as my black one.
- Blue Sailor Bombshell Dress (originally $60, paid $45): I found a beautiful Hell Bunny dress at Hot Topic for a song, and ordered this dress with it. But then that dress was out of stock and I didn't get it, so this one was the only success. At first I worried it would be costume-y, but then I saw how nice the quality was, including a built-in petticoat that gives it great flare. I LOVE it, and the fit is flattering.
- Joe Fresh Safari Print Silk Blouse ($45): Purchased during a work trip to Toronto, where they have actual Joe Fresh stores everywhere. I love the material and safari print. It is work appropriate too! And it's 100% silk.
I have entirely too much black in my wardrobe, so this really brightens it all up in time for warmer weather. I took another three big bags to Goodwill, and for the first time I'm really weeding out some dresses. My dress section of the closet isn't crammed anymore! It makes me sad, because dresses are one of my favorite things, but some of them are too short or too small. I'd rather invest in some that are more "me" and actually flatter!