Things I've done this year to get my closet organized...
- DOWNSIZED in a big way. I have sold or donated away over a dozen pairs of shoes, bags upon bags of clothes, and even culled my handbag collection based on what I actually use. I can really see what I've working with.
- Turned my hangers backwards, so I can see what I haven't worn yet this year. Things that don't get worn after 3-6 months will be donated or sold based on seasonality.
- Switched by my shoe, belt, and scarf organization with some help from Pinterest and Amazon.
- Got my jewelry at eye level instead of in a jewelry chest.
|This organizer was $20 on Amazon!|
- Kept only pajamas that had matching sets and let go of the rest.
- Tossed out old socks and bought new running socks for marathon training.
- Reorganized my workout clothes by type, so get me excited about cute gym outfits.
|Workout clothes and socks/hosiery... old shoe boxes are great for organizing!|
- Seriously cut back on the t-shirts I've kept. If you know me, my drawer once held 2-3 times as many shirts. It was an emotional parting.
I am not big on New Year's resolutions anymore, but as an organizing fanatic (you haven't even seen my Levenger binders) I am seriously giddy over my wardrobe now. There's so much to choose from that I didn't even know about! I think I'll continue to downsize the closet (I'm looking for quality over quantity) and try to use my budget for worthy pieces. And when I do go trendy, I hope to do it on the cheap!