Once again, it was a busy week for me and thus a slow week for blogging! That's why I really like these Sunday Lately posts, because I can throw my thoughts together for the week in one spot. I think the highlight of the week was getting a new phone... an iPhone 7 Plus! I LOVE the huge display, and I don't really feel like it's that much bigger than my old phone. The camera is amazing too, and I've noticed it's faster. Improvements all-around, and it's supposedly waterproof!
FINDING... quality time with my husband. The Mokara Spa at the Omni Nashville does great deals via e-mail, especially during the holidays, so I booked us each an 80-minute massage last Sunday. Dan was a little nervous, as he hadn't done it before, but in the end he loved it. We had a really great time enjoying the relaxation of the spa, and then grabbed dinner. I did my best to detach from my phone, which is something we're trying to be more intentional about.
ALLOWING... myself some "me" time to do things like work on my planner, blog, etc. I've been so "busy" that it's perfect way for me to decompress. I did a week of planner page stickers/layer in like 5 minutes. That 5 minutes made me very happy! Moving to the mini planner made things a lot easier timewise, and it's the perfect size.
INSISTING... on nothing. I'm trying to be more flexible, which is hard for me. I'm naturally bossy (I know people don't like that word, but it sounds better than admitting I'm a straight-up NAG) so I am trying to bite my tongue and be more kind.
REPEATING... my Lularoe purchases, because I just can't have enough Amelia dresses. I used to think $65 was steep for a dress, but now I have SIX of these dresses and I can't stop wearing them on the regular. The flattering fit with pleats, the pockets, the fact that they travel well, these are probably my signature dress now. I don't get the wacky prints, I pretty much have stuck to all solids with embossing or texture to the fabric. Perfect for work under a blazer, perfect for just about any occasion. Mustard yellow is my favorite color, so I had to jump when I saw one.
If I were really bright, I'd deconstruct one and make my own pattern so I could sew as many of these as I want! I'd probably save money that way, right? I think I should call my friend Lladybird and figure it out.
THIS PAST WEEK...
- On the Blog: I did share the recipe I recently got for Fire Crackers. They're delicious, and we all need them in our lives.
- On Twitter: Bitmoji was quick to add the #saltbae meme to the lineup: here's mine.
- On Pinterest: I made this cheesy garlic pull-apart bread, and Dan liked it so much he attempted to make it himself later. It was more work than he thought.
- On Instagram: We ate at Dan's favorite Nashville burger spot, Burger Republic.
- Shopping: Have you seen the alarm clocks/lamps that simulate sunrise? I've been looking at one and wonder if it's worth the investment. Winter sunlight hours drive me absolutely mad, and this is supposed to wake you more naturally and gently.
How was your week?