A couple of months ago, my coworker told me that someone had brought this cracker mix to work, a spicy but delicious snack. From the time I tried a few, I was hooked. They were tasty and addictive! So of course I had to get the recipe to make my own.
Since then, I've made these crackers a few times. I've decided to share them here, because they're AWESOME.
- 1 cup canola (flavorless) oil
- 1 packet of Zesty Italian dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix (I use store brand)
- 2-3 Tbsp. red pepper flakes (based on your preferred level of spice)
- 1 box of White Cheddar Cheez-Its
- 1 box/bag of another cracker, I have used plain mini Club crackers, pita chips, Ritz chips, etc. This is for some flavor and shape variety, so you can pick what you think will work best!
Mix the oil, dressing mix, and red pepper flakes until they look like a dressing. Pour them over the two packages of crackers (I've done this in a gallon-sized Ziploc or a large Pyrex bowl) and mix. Mix every 15 minutes for 1 hour, then place in refrigerator overnight. Put into resealable container/bowl to serve as a great party snack! We keep it on the kitchen counter until it's devoured.
I know it's not healthy. But these are sooooooo tasty. The White Cheddar Cheez-its are my favorite in the mix, but I like how it looks with another cracker mixed in. It's rare that I try something and get a recipe for it, then make it THREE times in the span of a month. I just can't get enough! They're a little hot, but I dig it.
Do you have a favorite snack mix recipe?