As I always try to do, linking up with the ladies of Blogger Tribe for Sunday Lately!
Here's what I've been up to this past week.
CREATING... meals! I've been taking a break from Plated, which has really boosted my cooking confidence. So I've been cooking more at home, and pulling recipes from my cookbooks. I made this Spicy Italian Sausage Meatloaf from the Cravings cookbook I mentioned last week. It was so good, Dan actually ate the leftovers, and he HATES leftovers.
FINDING... the perfect Christmas decorative dish. Right??? IT HAS CATS! I got it at Anthropologie, and it's by Quill & Fox. I can't find it online anywhere, so I'm glad I snagged it.
SWITCHING... from Kindle books to audiobooks! I was a die-hard print book person, until I deployed with the Army and discovered the joy of my first Kindle years ago. Now, I mostly read books on my iPad with the Kindle app, because when I fly it's also perfect for Netflix (downloads are a thing now, yay!) and portability. That said, I spend a decent amount of time in the car, or walking through airports, so my friend recommended Audible. I have listened to three books so far, and I'm on my fourth. I've only been listening to non-fiction, all with the writer narrating their own work. Some narrators are better than others, but I've been able to get through more books than usually because I can make the most of car time. Downside? I have a zillion Podcasts filling up my queue that I've been ignoring!
FORGETTING... I feel like I've been forgetting ONE THING from my purse every day. It has everything to do with the fact that I spent time last week in Seattle, and this past week in Pennsylvania. When I get home mid-week, I rarely get my bag unpacked, so I just kind of toss things into my purse. I'm always forgetting to put on rings, chapstick, gum, or leave my badge hooked to my pants, things like that. I usually have this little pouch that I just move from bag to bag, but with travel it all goes out the window.
CRAVING... comfort food. I made my usual macaroni and cheese, but added a pie crust top to make it a sort of pot-pie. I think I'll share the recipe here soon, because it's adapted from one I shared in 2011 from a friend, but I've tweaked it slightly! Coming soon!
THIS PAST WEEK...
- On the Blog: I haven't blogged since last Sunday. Oops. But I promise I have like 5-6 blog posts in my queue in progress!
- On Twitter: I really loved The Magnolia Story by the Gaines family who star in Fixer Upper on HGTV. Joanna is half Korean like me, and I could really relate to her stories about dealing with a mixed-race identity.
- On Pinterest: I love Buckeye candy, so this Buckeye Bark looks fantastic.
- On Instagram: I made Cajun Chicken Pasta from the Skinnytaste cookbook I mentioned last week.
- Shopping: I would love this 36 Hours in USA & Canada compilation of the column from the NY Times to plan weekend road trips and getaways!
What are you up to this Sunday?