August was not a big shopping month for me in terms of clothes, mostly because I bought a new car (eep!) and a couple of DAR pins, so I didn't feel like spending a whole bunch of other money on stuff. In fact, I am considering lowering my budget for next quarter, given the holidays and higher expenses. I still bought a few things, though!
- Classic Toms in Olive (retail $48, paid $38 via Amazon): My black Toms are getting up there in age and wear, so I knew I wanted a new pair. I use them when I ride my bike, run around on weekends, etc. I chose the Olive color because I knew it would be a good neutral that could go with either black or brown. I might still consider the Ash grey, but these looked good for everyday wear.
- eShakti Sadie Dress in Radiant Orchid (originally $75, paid $33): I added short sleeves to this dress to it would be even more retro. I almost bought the dress in orange, then I decided the purple would be better to carry me through different seasons. It's a bit dressy for work, but it's perfect for DAR luncheons and teas.
- eShakti Gingham Check Empire Waist Dress (originally $70, paid $18): I love gingham, and I've been wanting a gingham dress for ages. It may be August, but it's still 90-degree weather here in TN, so this girl dress will get plenty of wear, and I'd wear it into the fall with a jacket.
- Anjolee CZ Necklace (c/o Anjolee): I received a CZ version of this necklace by Anjolee to review for the blog. I love how sparkly it is. Check out my review here.
- Yellow Circle Skirt & Red Circle Skirt ($35 each, free shipping): After seeing Jade's work on my friend's custom skirt, and learning of her reasonable prices (I've seen comparable ones for double the cost) and the quality looked great. These were the quality I would expect from a site like ModCloth, so I was very happy with them! I used a discount code for free ship. I hope to have some pics of them in a future post.
- eShakti Cat Print Dress ($13, via Poshmark): It's hard to take on and off, but I got an adorable cat-print dress for a song. I'm pretty much done buying any clothes via Poshmark. I'd rather buy used clothes locally than online, because I haven't been having good luck with anything I buy. This dress I still hope will become something I can wear once I lose a couple of pounds based on the construction.