But things have been busy and great lately!
- One of my best friends moved to Franklin, so we've spent time reconnecting in person and introducing her to her new home/town. Woohoo!
- I went to a yoga class, which was terribly painful and uncomfortable... and it made me feel like farting. But afterwards it felt amazing.
- One of my West Point buddies and his wife (and puppy) spent a night with us on their way home from the holidays. We gave them a quick brewery tour and enjoyed their company. Bear was so curious (and confused) about the giant lab puppy!
- I had a super fun meetup with my Nashville blogger buddies! We celebrated the birthdays of Lauren and Jenna with some vegetarian Indian food at Woodlands. I carpooled with Kimmie, and it was awesome to catch up with Lauren, Trisha, and Kaelah too, plus a couple of new friends!
- I've been working on homework and tests for my MBA. I take two classes at a time, on top of my full-time job, leaving much less "me" time than I've been used to. My sewing machine feels abandoned, and I don't even post to Facebook every day. (Gasp!) I've been using the myHomework Student Planner app this term, and I think the extra bit of organization is helping me keep up. My grades thus far are already better.
- Work is challenging but good, and I've started traveling again. My calendar for spring is booking up fast! Heck, between work and personal travel, I literally have my vacation days mapped out for the entire year. Sigh. And yay! And sigh.
- I haven't even had time to see the new Hobbit movie. I mean, if you know me, that's a complete nerd tragedy. I saw every Lord of the Rings movie on the first night/weekend they came out. Religiously.
So yeah, that's what I've been up to in real life lately. Because everybody's busy, and we have to make priorities. And creative, funny, fascinating blog posts (outside of restaurant reviews) haven't been flowing from my fingertips lately. Hopefully I'll remember to take some photos and jot things down so you don't give up on me. All four of you out there who read this. I need you. I love you.
Here's an adorable sloth to appease you!!!