I'm been doing Weight Watchers for a few months now, so when a work holiday potluck came up, I wanted to bring something that was within my diet. I am known for baking desserts, so I thought bringing something savory would be fun.
Using wonton wrappers in my mini-cupcake pan was awesome. They look so fancy despite being so simple, and the possibilities are endless for filling them with anything and everything! I bet I could even use them for mini pumpkin pies or something. Genius idea, whoever came up with it.
These definitely tasted yummy, and they are only ONE point each on my diet! Great breakfast to make ahead and reheat too.
Mini Bacon & Cheese Quiches
from Weight Watchers
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 36 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), 3 1/2-inches square each
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) fat free egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slice(s) cooked crisp turkey bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Gently press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup allowing ends to extend above cups. Spray edges of wrappers with cooking spray; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, stir-fry onion over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk and cheese. Stir in bacon and onion until well combined. Fill each wonton wrapper with about 1 tablespoon of filling mixture.
- Bake until quiche mixture is set and edges of wrappers are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Yields 2 quiches per serving.