It's been a while since I've linked up for Sunday Lately with the Blogger Tribe, but today is their 100th week of doing this linkup! So I definitely wanted to go ahead and post here for and share a little bit of what I've been up to. But first, here's a picture of me snuggling with my "niece" dog Taco over Thanksgiving weekend. Sweet pup! I'm a little obsessed with taking pictures of her with my new Instax camera.
COMPLETING... I've completed my Gilmore Girls watching. And I won't reveal spoilers... but man, I really really really wish they would give us some more! It was like a trip down memory lane, revisiting old friends. I watched the first two episodes with my sister-in-law and her sister, and then binged the last two in insomnia moments!
|Sign at my brother-in-law's wedding, which felt very Gilmore Girls to me for some reason!|
VISITING... We've spent the past three weekends flying to spend time with family... NYC for my cousin's baby shower, Pittsburgh for my brother-in-law's wedding, and then back to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. It's been crazy! But since I have a Southwest companion pass for Dan good through the end of 2017, taking advantage of it means not missing out on what everyone is up to! I actually haven't been home for a weekend since October 22nd... so I'm really going to relish the next few before Christmas weekend.
|Cookies I commissioned for my cousin's baby shower|
REPEATING... I'm not sure what I'm repeating so much, minus packing my suitcase over and over for all of these trips! I have to work trips that require flights in December, but other than that and Christmas I should be home. Just having clean laundry will be key. I have been repeating my warmer outfits because I need to cull my closet. I've put out three bags in my closet: one for Poshmark listings, one for mending, and one for donations. I finally need to just part with what doesn't fit and resign myself to buying new if I manage to lose some weight.
WRITING... the same blog post for ages. I've tried a ton of those meal kit services, and I've been trying to figure out how to write this massive post/review ranking my favorites. I've tried Blue Apron, Plated, Martha & Marley Spoon, Hello Fresh, Peach Dish, and Sun Basket. Let me know what you want to hear about them! I'm thinking
In the meantime, I've been enjoying some home-cooked food... we had Thanksgiving with my in-laws this year, which means a traditional/Italian combination of food. I sure don't mind meatballs and gnocchi as a holiday food option!
SCHEDULING... I've been scheduling everything! I downsized to a mini Happy Planner, and it was the right choice. The only thing I need to do now is sync some of the things I write in it to my digital calendar, so I get the Apple watch alerts that I want. I love having a place to jot down all the details, and make lists to remind me what to do. It's a fun way to stay organized and feel like I've got some semblance of control.
THIS PAST WEEK...
- On the Blog: I love getting invited to blogger/influencer events in my local community. Did you see my preview of the Morton Salt event I attended? So cool!
- On Twitter: I watched Me Before You and couldn't get over how I loved all the actors in other movies.
- On Pinterest: I'm back on Pinterest like crazy lately, and this brisket with apricots and prunes recipe sounds amazing! Prunes get a bad rap for being old people food that gets you moving, so I have to laugh now that they're showing up in stores marketed as "dried plums" to shake the stigma.
- On Instagram: Of course I ate Chinese takeout while watching Gilmore Girls this week!
- Shopping: I loved everything in my Stitch Fix this month, my 12th one! I've been shopping a ton this month, as you'll see in my upcoming Budgeting Bloggers roundup, but I have zero regrets.
What are you up to this Sunday?