Aubrey's 2017 Budget Ground Rules:
- $2500 annual budget goal
- Pajamas, socks/hosiery, underwear, and specific needs for work/DAR do not count against budget as one-offs
- ALL clothing and accessories count, including activewear
- Any clothing sold (via Poshmark, etc.) is subtracted from the monthly spend, to encourage me to trim the closet
- Purchases made with store giftcards do not count against the budget, but gift cash does because I could use it on other things
- Link up monthly with the rest of Franish's budgeting bloggers for accountability and sharing! I love seeing what other bloggers are shopping.
- Lularoe Carly Dress ($55): The Carly is a high-low trapeze dress of sorts. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but the green heather one I got works perfectly for weekends. It's long enough I can wear it without leggings if I want to, and it's very comfortable. I could belt it probably. Not my new favorite given the price, but it's a different silhouette that I'm trying! Dan liked it.
- Lularoe Nicole Dress ($48): I didn't know if I'd like the Nicole as much as the Amelia (my favorite LLR dress), but given it is $17 cheaper, I decided to give it a try. It's definitely a flattering cut, and I think that I'll buy more in the future if the print isn't available in Amelia. Amelia still wins for adorable tailoring and pockets, but Nicole is my #2 LLR dress now.
- Lularoe Madison Skirt ($46): I couldn't resist the floral for spring and summer. I think I'll wear it with my mustard tops and cardigans for an obnoxiously bright weekend outfit.
- Lularoe Amelia Dresses ($65): I bought two of my favorite LLR dress from a different seller than the ones above, because they had my favorite color (mustard yellow) and a darker maroon shade. They have texture but are solid colors, which is perfection. Couldn't resist, I'd been looking for that yellow color!
- LOFT Ponte Five Pocket Leggings in black (originally $70, paid $35) I wear black ponte pants to work almost every day, and getting a pair for under $40 is a bargain. So I stocked up, especially since the pants I used to buy at The Limited are gone with the closing of that store!
- LOFT Zip Pocket Pintucked Ponte Leggings in grey and black (originally $70, paid $35 each): See above. NEED ALL THE PANTS!
- LOFT Paneled Mixed Media Shell in vibrant cranberry and ocean sapphire (originally $40, paid $18): I wear a lot of cardigans and blazers, so I need shells or tanks to wear under them and coordinate. I used to just buy these at Forever 21, but the quality was lacking. So I used a great LOFT post-Christmas sale to snag a bunch. I've already been wearing them.
9. LOFT Mixed Media Split Neck Shell in whisper white (originally $40, paid $20): This one feels like a blouse in front, and a soft t-shirt in the back!
10. Target Kamar Shearling Style Boots in grey (originally $35, paid $25 on sale): These are now even cheaper on sale, but I wanted some comfy boots like Uggs. Now I want some in a tan color, in a taller height perhaps. Maybe I'll hold out for post-winter Uggs sales.
11. Anthropologie Bow Jacket similar, similar splurge (new $119, paid $45 with shipping via Poshmark): I have been looking for tweed jackets to wear for work and DAR events, and I found a couple of nice ones used on Poshmark.
12. Talbots Prospect Tweed Nautical Jacket similar (new $94, paid $23 via Poshmark): I used a $5 credit on this one, and it was a steal.
13. Aerosoles Solid Bet Loafer via DSW (originally $50, paid $40 with DSW rewards): The MOST COMFY LOAFER EVER. If I could buy these in a zillion colors, I'd livein them forever.
$577 spent - $48 sold = $529 total spent this month
$2500 - $529 = $1971 remaining in 2017
Has anyone seen a good deal on soft, ponte knit blazers? I feel like mine are starting to pill. So while I'm gonna attack them with a lint/pill shaver (one of the best inventions ever), I might want to start looking for replacements or new colors.
Here's what I got for Christmas by way of closet additions, not pictured, but listed!
- Limited Mixed Media Top
- LOFT Tassel Necklace
- Limited Ponte Pants in grey
- ELLE Peter Pan Collar Dress
- Italian leather green cross-body
- Red Scottish scarf
I'm linking up with the rest of the Budgeting Bloggers at Franish!
What did you add to your closet this month?