Monday, March 31, 2014
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Fabletics Outfit (originally $50, FREE): Camacan Capris (and a credit for a returned top), earned at no cost for referral, review, and purchase points. Check out my review of the outfit here. It's my third month doing Fabletics, and I LOVE it! I still don't feel like I have all the pieces I need in my workout drawer, so it's helping me on that front for sure. Super pumped this month was a freebie, as my remaining budget was pretty tight.
- J. Crew Factory Classic Button-Down Shirt Gingham (originally $55, paid $38): This was straight off the wishlist, as I love so many of the gingham layering looks I see on blogs. I chose the dark navy check as it seemed the most classic. The J. Crew pieces I bought were already on sale, then I used a 30% off code to stack deals.
- J. Crew Factory Clare Cardigan in White (originally $55, paid $28): These are my #1 favorite cardigans, and I noticed that I need a white one in my closet as the weather warms up. I keep reaching for one that doesn't exist, so I know it will get some wear this spring/summer!
- J. Crew Factory Croc-Embossed Belt in Dusty Charcoal (originally $30, paid $7): This was an add-on to my J. Crew order, since it made shipping free but was basically the cost of shipping. I wear a lot of skinny belts with my cardigan outfits.
- Dorothy Perkins Blue Floral 2-in-1 Dress (originally $29, paid $23): I already have two dresses from Dorothy Perkins, and I love them both! I spotted free shipping and 20% off codes online recently, so I decided to try the site out again with a couple of fit-n-flare dresses. I am determined that the weather will turn around and it will be spring dress season again! This dress was an instant favorite for me. The material of both my DP dresses was soft and stretchy, way better than other dresses I've been browsing that cost more.
- Dorothy Perkins Navy & Ivory Striped Boxpleat Dress (originally $29, paid $23): I wanted to LOVE this dress, but the torso length felt slightly off on me. Returns to the UK were too pricey, so I did my best to make it work... and I grew to love it.
- Dorothy Perkins Bird Ditsy Necklace (originally $9, paid $7): Free shipping add-on piece, because I need more gold! Not amazing, but I am sure I will wear it occasionally.
- J. Crew French Print Popover (originally $88, paid $51 with shipping/tax): I blame two people for this... Caroline for telling me I had to have this French-themed shirt (I was a French major after all), and Fran for mentioning the 40% off sale prices offer on her blog! I also credit the same two people for bringing this wonderful top into my life. Merci. The deal took the price down to about $41, but I had to pay shipping and tax. I think I'm moving down a size in J. Crew based on this shirt (woohoo, weight loss!) but keeping this one as-is.
- Long-Sleeved Dress from Macy's (FREE): Birthday gift from my Mom, has a great silhouette and I've already worn it!
- Statement Necklace from Macy's (FREE): Birthday gift from my Mom
|How I styled the Dorothy Perkins dress|
Friday, March 28, 2014
It's that time of year again! That time when I finally get to open my mouth about the latest season of Downton Abbey because the Americans are all caught up. Because you all know I can't stand not watching it right away and totally had it finished back in December.
SPOILER ALERT, read on only if you've watched Series 4!
Labels: Downton Abbey
Thursday, March 27, 2014
|Crack Ho Mojito, before and after|
|If you ever have a chance, EAT THE CHEEKS. Do it.|
- Kalbi Beef Short Ribs, marinated with asian pear and soy and served on a kimchee puree (YES, these were on the menu, and THEY ROCKED)
- Korean Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps (I didn't order these, but I sure dove in on some interested Korean fusion)
|Kalbi and Bulgogi|
- Some sort of calamari (I think it was the Lamma Island Salty Squid)
- Queso Fundido with Chorizo (I could eat this all day until I am bed-ridden)
- Pork Belly Steam Buns (it was like an open-faced bao sandwich with slow-cooked PORK BELLY, I die I die I die)
- Fried Ice Cream (plantain crusted coconut ice cream with bananas and caramel sauce)
- Chocolate Flandango (dulce de leche, flan, and chocolate cake in layers, which my boss has challenged me to make)
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
|Mom was learning to take iPhone selfies.|
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Monday, March 17, 2014
Labels: where to eat
Sunday, March 16, 2014
|Mom & Dad created an extra pit stop for me along the way!|